ROAD RE-SURFACING PROJECT
THE FOLLOWING ROADS WILL BE MILLED AND PAVED
** UPDATE – Wednesday, October 3rd **
Paving will begin on Oakland Ave., sections of Belle Terre Rd. and Stony Hill Rd.
and Thompson Street
Please read below for all of the information for what to do if your street is being paved.
1. Oakland Avenue
2. Belle Terre Road from North Country Road to Stony Hill Road
3. Stony Hill Road from Belle Terre Road to seam
4. Sheep Pasture Road from Main Street to bridge at Willis Avenue
5. Willis Avenue
6. Alice Street
7. Fruita Street
8. Upper Thompson Street from Belle Terre Road to Myrtle Avenue
9. High Street from Prospect Street to Tuthill Street
10. Upper Liberty Avenue from the Cemetary Entrance to the intersection of Lower Liberty Avenue & Old Post Road
11. Woodchuck Court
The milling of the road ways will take place on Tuesday, September 25th
& Wednesday, September 26th, 2018
The paving of the roadways will take place on Tuesday, October 2nd
& Wednesday, October 3rd, 2018
(All dates are Weather Permitting)
PLEASE HAVE YOUR VEHICLES OFF THE ROADWAY BY 7:00 AM
IF YOUR MAILBOX PROTRUDES INTO THE ROADWAY, PLEASE ADJUST TO AVOID DAMAGE
IF YOUR SPRINKLER SYSTEM RUNS INTO THE ROAD, PLEASE HAVE IT TURNED OFF BY 7:00 AM
In order to assure that the best possible job is done, please keep all vehicles off the road during this time frame. The paving machine needs at least one foot clearance, so please park far enough into your driveway. For safety of the workers, please try to curtail driving in the construction zone while work is in progress.
While this improvement project may cause a brief inconvenience to you and your family, I know upon completion that the benefits to the community will far outweigh the disturbances you may encounter.
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. If you have any questions or comments, please contact Village Hall at (631) 473-4724. Thank you.