INCORPORATED VILLAGE OF PORT JEFFERSON HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!
2017 “LOOSE” LEAF PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Residents who choose to bag their leaves must place them in biodegradable
paper leaf bags. Bags must be filled with leaves. The village will not pick up bags
containing other debris.
** PLEASE NOTE: PICKUP SCHEDULE IS TENTATIVE
AND MAY CHANGE DUE TO WEATHER**
- East Side: 11/20 – 12/03 – E/S Belle Terre Rd. to E/S of Village Boundary.
- Starting at North Country Rd./Columbia
- Heading North towards Belle Terre
- Mid Town: 12/04 – 12/10 – E/S Main St. to W/S Belle Terre Rd.
- Between Belle Terre Rd. & Main St.,
- starting Grant & Bleeker heading South
- West Side: 12/11 – 12/22 – From Setauket Line to W/S Main St.
- Starting Sheep Pasture Rd. heading North towards West Broadway
Keep the Streets Debris Free: No Loose Leaves or Bags Curbside
7 Days Prior to your Scheduled Start Date (Village Code Section 215-14d).
- Branch Pickup is Separate from Leaf Program. Next Branch Pickup will
be in April 2018.
Thank you for your cooperation. Questions? Please Call 473-4733
The Port Jefferson Highway Department, 88 North Country Rd.
Once we pass through your area we will not return to pick up loose leaves.
If you bag your leaves in plastic your carter will pick them up.