Inc. VILLAGE OF PORT JEFFERSON – DEPARTMENT of PUBLIC WORKS
2016 “LOOSE” LEAF PROGRAM SCHEDULE
PLEASE NOTE: THE VILLAGE NO LONGER PROVIDES PAPER LEAF BAGS
Residents who choose to bag their leaves must place them in biodegradable paper leaf bags.
Bags must be filled ONLY with leaves. The village will not pick up bags containing other debris.
Leaves Bagged in plastic will be picked up by your garbage carter.
**PICKUP SCHEDULE IS TENTATIVE AND MAY CHANGE DUE TO WEATHER**
- East Side: 11/21 – 12/04 – E/S Belle Terre Rd. EAST to Village Boundary.
- Starting at North Country Rd./ColumbiaSt. Heading North towards Belle Terre Village Line
- Mid Town: 12/05 – 12/11 – E/S Main St. to W/S Belle Terre Rd.
- Starting Grant & Bleeker Streets heading South
- West Side: 12/12 – 12/23 – From Setauket Line to W/S Main St. –
- Starting at Sheep Pasture Rd. heading North towards West Broadway
PLEASE Keep the Streets Debris Free: No Loose Leaves or Bags Curbside more than 7 Days Prior to your Scheduled Start Date (Village Code Section 215-14d).
- Branch Pickup is Separate from Leaf Program. Next Branch Pickup will be in April 2017.
Thank you for your cooperation. Questions? Please Call 473-4733
The Port Jefferson Department of Public Works, 88 North Country Rd.
Once we pass through your area we will not return to pick up loose leaves.